Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dusty Springfield – Walk on by: The Greatest Hits (2008)


Even if I like female singers and girl groups from the 60’s, Dusty Springfield has always been a white spot on my map. Of course, I’ve heard “Son of a Preacher Man”, “Take another Little Piece Of My Heart”, “I just don't know what to do with myself” etc. but I’ve never bought any records. This double-CD collection with 45 songs gives a good coverage of her career. The songs mentioned above are great songs, but unfortunately this isn’t really me cup of tea. To much soul but without the ‘soul’ and to little pop for my taste. However. I’ll give the collection some time in the car to see if it develops.

Rating 5/10

Available from: http://ginza.se/Product/Product.aspx?Identifier=10323

No comments:

Post a Comment