Friday, June 5, 2009

Jerry Lee Lewis – Live From Austin, TX (2007)

Another record from the Live From Austin, TX series. This one was recorded on 17 October 1983 with a Jerry Lee Lewis in good form. As with all the records in this series, I approached it with some caution since the quality (not the sound and production – which is always good) on them are quite varying. I have also a difficult relation with ‘”The Killer” since I think he is too much 50’s but somehow he is the first ‘punk’. Additionally some good version of tracks turns up, and I bought this one because his version of ‘C. C. Rider’ was included. Unfortunately this version wasn’t his best (I usually loves his sloppy and lazy version). However many other tracks were quite good including ‘Keep my motor runnin’, ‘Boogie Woogie Country Man’, ‘Great Balls of Fire’ and of course ‘Whole Lot of Shakin’ Goin’ On’.

Rating 5/10

Available from http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-Austin-Jerry-Lee-Lewis/dp/B000QFCD54/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1244190038&sr=1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment