Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sonic Surf City - Pororoca! (2010)


Something I never thought should happen! A new record from Sonic Surf City! One of my favorite band of all time (guess why I'm using the name Surfcity on the webb!). I discovered them when I lived in Linköping back in the 90's and I actually saw them there live sharing the bill with Psychotic Youth, which combined gets as close as perfection you can get...
This new record is more 'mature' but considering that it's 14 years since the last 'real' record it still sounds great with their combination of 'sun, fun and o'yeah'. I was actually somewhat worried before I received it since it's no fun when your old heroes reduces themselves to have-beens but I shouldn't have worried and I spent much of December listening to the record with a great smile on my face. If you ever have listened to the group and liked it, this is a must!

Rating 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment