Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jerry Lee Lewis - Live At The Star-Club Hamburg (1989)


I have a somewhat complicate relation to Jerry Lee Lewis. He have made a number of classics and some truly great covers (I have a very sloppy version of 'C. C. Rider' in mind) but I have never heard any records that is good straight through (not unusual for me since I have difficulties with several 'great' artist and bands). However, this is only until now. I read in a magazine that this live concert from 1964 was to be available on vinyl and bought it on an old CD from 1989. Now I understand why he is called the 'Killer' - he sounds on fire and this really rocks! Great versions on his classics and he sounds like he is going to tear the whole place down. Very recommended!

Rating 8/10

Available from: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-at-Star-Club-Hamburg/dp/B0000282YX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1268764690&sr=1-1

On Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/album/3AjiChlr93cN2LivTWVVXh

No comments:

Post a Comment