Monday, May 11, 2009

The Felice Brothers - Yonder Is the Clock (2009)

A new band to me, the Felice Brothers plays and blend of roots rock and Americana. The record is very much Dylan and the Band and not really my usual kind of music but a weekend with 1000 kilometers in the car had me listen to the record several times and I found a couple of good tunes which I like. "Penn Station" rambles along together with "Chicken Wire", Run Chicken Run" and "Memphis Flu" and are all good fun. I also have a weak spot for waltzes and thus likes "Buried in Ice". Sometimes, the records is very melancholy and at times it is almost in Paul Westerberg areas in self-pity and that can't be bad!

Rating 6/10

Available from: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yonder-Clock-VINYL-Felice-Brothers/dp/B001T46U82/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242058321&sr=1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment