Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lars Bygdén - Family Feelings (2009)

I was a great fan of "Thousand Dollar Playboys" and their version of Swedish alt-country. I especially liked the singers (Lars Bygdén) voice. The group split many years ago and I've missed that Bygdén have continued with a solo career, so I was positively surprised when I saw this record. The style and sound is a great continuation of TDP with the alt-country sound of great sadness and melancholy. I especially likes the slow waltz of the different version of "Family Feelings", the slow swing of "Good Times" and the folk-music sound of "Therapy".
Recommended!

Rating 7/10

Available from http://www.amazon.co.uk/Family-Feeling-Interlude-Ii/dp/B0029LDJ3S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1242902702&sr=8-5

No comments:

Post a Comment